Home to large urban centers, namely St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri is a state filled with lush forested mountains, lakes, flatlands, and rivers. No matter what your passion is, from museums to hiking, or live music shows to barbecue, Missouri is where you can find it. Here are five reasons why you should plan your next travel assignment in The “Show-Me” State.
5 Reasons to Travel to Missouri
- Hiking Adventures: In the central part of the state is the city of Columbia, best known for being home to the University of Missouri. What you may not know is that situated just beyond the city limits are several incredible state parks. Rock Bridge Memorial State Park is known for its hiking and cycling trails, while the most adventurous visitors will partake in the underground cave hikes. Columbia is also home to the beautiful Stephens Lake Park with paved hiking trails, picnic, and swimming areas. During the summer, the park hosts a series of musical events and festivals, capped off by September’s huge Roots & Blues BBQ Festival.
- St. Louis: Missouri’s most famous city, is a must-see destination whenever you are traveling to the “Show Me” state. Here, you can visit the iconic Gateway Arch, the Saint Louis Zoo and the Science Center, and also spend a few hours exploring the 79-acres of the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Music lovers flock to the National Blues Museum, while foodies tour the Central West End District and the Delmar Loop.
- Lake Lounging: If lounging by a lake is your preferred way to spend your downtime, look no further than the Lake of the Ozarks. Located in the central part of the state at the northern edge of the Ozark Mountains, this man-made lake was created in 1931. Now a state park, Lake of the Ozarks is a perfect setting to relax, boat, hike, and even play a round of golf.
- Kansas City Cool: Originally a stopover on the famous Oregon Trail, Kansas City has emerged as a very cool city to visit. If for nothing else, visitors have to indulge in the saucy goodness of KC-styled barbecue. The only other thing in Kansas City as famous as the ‘cue is the smoking jazz music pouring out of the windows of hot nightspots and trendy restaurants throughout the Power & Light District.
- Disney World meets Nashville: Your assignment in Missouri wouldn’t be complete without a weekend trip to the southernmost part of the state and Branson. Described by some as a cross between Disney World and Nashville, Branson is famous for its country-western theaters, eclectic museums, theme parks, and shopping centers. Here, you can find the Titanic Museum, a half-sized replica of the famous ship (including the iceberg) and Silver Dollar City, a theme park that transports you back to the late 1800s. For the shopaholic in you, Branson Landing is a 1.5 mile stretch of shops, dining, and entertainment located on the shores of Lake Taneycomo.
Healthcare Jobs in Missouri
If the reasons above have captured your imagination, there are dozens more we didn’t have room to list. Best of all, there are many great travel nursing and therapy opportunities available across the state right now. Contact a Supplemental Health Care recruitment professional today and say “Show Me” Missouri!
the shc blog