Are you looking for the perfect holiday gift for a healthcare professional in your life? If so, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got a great selection of holiday gift ideas for nurses, therapists, and other healthcare professionals, no matter their specialty or setting.
Whether you’re exchanging gifts with your fellow nurses or just looking for the perfect present for a healthcare worker in your life, we’ve got you covered with unique ideas suited for every healthcare discipline and budget. It can be hard to find gifts specific to healthcare professions like travel nursing or school speech-language pathology as well as specializations like home health or night shift.
We’ve compiled a gift buying guide to help you out with everyone on your list so you can get started on your holiday shopping today!
14 Holiday Gifts for Healthcare Professionals
Secret Santa Gifts
- Festive badge reel: From snowman to reindeer, there are plenty of options to switch out your regular ID badge holder for a fun themed one this holiday season. Check out these cute options and plenty more handmade ones on Etsy. ($)
- Holiday compression socks: When you’re on the move all day, you need to keep the blood flowing and compression socks are the perfect work companion to ease tired feet! Not to mention, a cute holiday print will brighten up any scrub and clog combo. ($)
- Operation Happy Nurse gear: Support a nonprofit that benefits nurses’ mental health and wellness with cute accessories specifically by and for nurses. There’s everything from stickers to beanies to tote bags and you can even shop for clothes and other products too. ($-$$)
New Grad Gifts
- Stethoscope: Whether you’re shopping for a student, new grad, or seasoned pro, sometimes the best gifts are the ones you know they’ll use. A Littman stethoscope is bound to be the perfect gift for many healthcare professionals like nurses, physician assistants, and respiratory therapists. ($$$)
- Comfortable work shoes: Many healthcare professionals swear by clogs and athletic shoes at work. Being on your feet for long periods of time means you need the best footwear to keep you going on a long shift! Try a popular healthcare shoe brand for your holiday gifting this year. ($$$)
- Portable printer: Something like the EPSON Workforce WF-110 WiFi printer is small enough to travel with and can use a WiFi or USB connection for all their scanning and faxing needs. It comes with a rechargeable battery in case you’re without an outlet. It folds easily to be stored and taken with on the road. ($$$)
- Scratch travel map: Travel nurses, therapists, and techs would love a way to keep track of their adventures on assignment. Proudly display your travels at your next destination with a scratch map! ($$)
- Tracking device: When you’re always on the go as a healthcare professional, it’s easy to misplace important items like your keys and phone. Never lose your belongings while traveling with a tracking device like an Air Tag or Tile! ($$-$$$)
- Coffee mug: Our travel nurse, Jaclyn, shared this cute mug that reads “Today’s Goal: Keep the tiny humans alive.” We think it’s the perfect present for a NICU or pediatrics nurse as well as anyone working in schools! It’s always fun to have a gift personalized for your specialty or discipline. ($)
- Monogrammed items: Add a personalized touch with someone’s name on a shirt or bag. It’s also a great way to mark important items with a monogrammed sticker. You can also get a nurse or respiratory therapist a stethoscope ID tag! There are plenty of customizable options for healthcare professionals whether you’re a nurse, respiratory therapist, or medical assistant. ($-$$)
- Themed gift box: There are plenty of great subscription and curated gift boxes out there, and even some specifically for healthcare professionals. You can look for subscription boxes built for readers as well as coffee and wine lovers, or gift boxes specifically for healthcare professionals. ($$)
Night Shift Gifts
- Time-tracking water bottle: It’s hard enough to stay hydrated on a normal day, but it’s even more difficult to keep track during a busy shift, especially through the night. A time-tracking water bottle helps you pace when to drink throughout your shift so you’re sure to stay hydrated all night long. ($)
- Sleep mask: When you’re trying to get some sleep during the day, you’re fighting to block out the light and disruptive sound. Get some restful sleep before your shift using an eye mask with noise-blocking ear covers. ($$)
- Aromatherapy diffuser: Fall asleep anytime with the calming effects of lavender or your favorite essential oils. A relaxing scent can make it easier to sleep any time of the day or night. You can go simple with a simple reed diffuser or look for a plug-in version with multiple misting settings and diffusing timer. ($-$$)
The holiday season is a great time to show your appreciation for the healthcare professionals in your life. While you’re doing your gift shopping this season, remember to support local and small businesses as well as companies and organizations that support healthcare professionals or are run by healthcare professionals. Whatever gift you choose, something from the heart will brighten up anyone’s holidays!
the shc blog