**Categories of third parties with which Personal Information is shared/disclosed:
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties for a business purpose:
- Affiliate and subsidiary companies
- Employment recruiters and/or recruiting companies
- Service providers, vendors and subcontractors including software as a service providers, information systems vendors, internet service providers, benefits and payroll providers, cloud service providers, or operating systems/online platforms
- Professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, attorneys, actuaries)
Note: Personal information may be shared with government authorities on a case-by-case basis upon receipt of a lawful request, or where required by law. In the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you if your Personal Information will be shared with parties to the transaction(s).
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, we collect the personal information you provide to us in connection with your job application or application for SHC benefits. We will also collect the personal information you provide to us throughout the duration of your employment with SHC.
- From your beneficiaries and dependents. For example, your beneficiaries and dependents may provide us with your personal information in the course of their receipt of benefits provided or administered by us.
- From our service providers. For example, we may collect your personal information from a service provider that conducts background checks for us. We may also receive your personal information from service providers who help us run our business, including payroll, software and travel management providers.
- From Workforce Members. For example, if a Workforce Member provides your personal information in connection with an application for SHC-provided benefits.
- From benefits administrators. For example, we may receive personal information about you from the companies that administer the benefits plans offered by SHC.
- From third parties. For example, a third-party recruiter may provide your personal information to us in connection with our search for a Workforce Member.
- For example, we may automatically collect personal information from the computers and other devices that you use in the course of being a Workforce Member. We may also collect such personal information from the electronic platforms we provide to you, including SHC’s email, word processing and “chat” platforms.
How We Use Personal Information
We use, share or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job or become a Workforce Member, we will use that personal information in connection with your potential or actual working relationship.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To recruit you and evaluate your candidacy, including to conduct employment related background screening and checks.
- To administer benefits, such as medical, dental, optical, commuter, and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave monitoring, insurance and accident management.
- To pay and reimburse for expenses, including salary administration, payroll management, payment of expenses, to administer other compensation related payments, including bonus payments and stock option plans.
- To conduct performance-related reviews, including performance appraisals, career planning, skills monitoring, job moves, promotions and staff re-structuring.
- To monitor work-related licenses and credentials, including provisioning software licenses for use in the course of a Workforce Member’s work-related responsibilities, ensuring compliance, training, examination and other applicable regulatory requirements are met.
- To provide human resources management services,including providing data maintenance and support services, administration of separation of employment, approvals and authorization procedures, administration and handling of claims, and travel administration.
- To administer international assignments, including relocation services, documenting assignment terms and conditions, obtaining relevant immigration documents, initiating vendor services, and addressing health requirements.
- To maintain your contact information.
- To assist you in case of emergency, including maintenance of contact details for you, and your dependents or emergency contacts in case of a personal or business emergency.
- To monitor eligibility to work in the United States.
- To conduct healthcare-related services, including conducting pre-employment and employment-related medical screenings for return-to-work processes and medical case management needs; determining medical suitability for particular tasks; identifying health needs of Workforce Members to plan and provide appropriate services, including operation of sickness policies and procedures; and providing guidance on fitness for travel and fitness for expatriation.
- To facilitate a better working environment, which includes conducting staff surveys, providing senior management information about other Workforce Members, and conducting training.
- To ensure a safe and efficient working environment, which includes actions relating to disciplinary procedures, and code of conduct processes and investigations.
- To maintain security on our systems and infrastructure, which includes hosting; management of our software and hardware computer assets; systems testing, such as development of new systems and end-user testing of computer systems; training; and monitoring email and internet access.
- To comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as legal (state and federal) and internal company reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic and other required reporting.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required or permitted by applicable law, court order, subpoena or governmental regulations.
- As directed by you or as described to you when collecting your Personal Information, or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings, in which personal information held by SHC about our Workforce Members is transferred as part of the transaction process.
- For project and workforce management related purposes.
- For purposes relating to SHC’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice and obtaining your consent where required under the CCPA.
Your Rights and Choices
You are entitled to certain rights relating to your Personal Information, including the following where provided for under the CCPA or other applicable law:
- You have the right to a copy of your Personal Information in our possession, or to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
- You have the right to request that we correct in our records any Personal Information about you that is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information, where collected and where provided for under the CCPA.
If you wish to submit a verifiable request to exercise these rights, you can do so (up to twice within a 12-month period) by emailing email@example.com or calling 866-268-2411.
For your protection, when you seek to exercise the rights described above, it will be necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you.
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. Please note that your right to deletion of Personal Information is subject to certain exceptions by law. If you submit a request for deletion and we retain any Personal Information under one or more of these exceptions, we will explain this to you in our response. Only you or a person that you authorize in writing to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You (or your authorized agent) must provide documentation signed by you demonstrating that the agent is authorized to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf.
We do not sell your Personal Information to a third party and have not sold your Personal Information in the past 12 months. In accordance with your rights under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Changes to This Notice
SHC reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will update the Notice's effective date and make available the updated Notice as required by law.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which SHC collects, uses and shares your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
SHC Services, Inc.
6955 Union Park Center Drive, Ste. 400
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84047