For people living across much of the United States, now that April has arrived we can finally start to thaw out and think about the nicer weather ahead. Spring is not only a time of renewal and rejuvenation, but it is also a great time for a travel assignment. Let’s look at some of the best spring travel assignment destinations so you can start packing your bags and head out onto the road.
- Baltimore, Maryland: If you have never been to Baltimore, you might be surprised at how much you are missing. From the incredible waterfront to historic districts to national parks and green spaces, Baltimore has it all. Another great thing about a travel assignment in Baltimore is your proximity to our nation’s capital. An easy 45-mile drive and you can be in D.C., checking out the cherry blossoms and the National Mall.
- Columbia, South Carolina: If you are looking for perfect spring weather and a heavy dose of southern charm, Columbia South Carolina is your ticket. With a recently revitalized downtown and several unique shopping districts, travelers find that Columbia is less crowded and less expensive than other large Carolina cities. Columbia is home to a thriving Arts and Restaurant scene and seems to host a different festival each weekend.
- Tucson, Arizona: Spring is the perfect time to experience the beautiful landscapes of the American Southwest. Tucson, Arizona is known for incredible Spanish colonial architecture, world-class golf courses, and stunning desert landscapes. If you consider yourself a science nerd, Tucson is home to the world’s largest living research center, Biosphere 2. The surrounding areas also feature several national parks for hiking, biking, and other outdoor exploration and activities.
- Richmond, Virginia: If you are ready to immerse yourself into the Spring Festival season, Richmond is your destination. Explore your inner foodie at the Spring Richmond Restaurant Week or take in the internationally competitive Richmond International Film and Music Festival. Other fun events include the Bands and Brews Fest, Canal Walk, and the Strawberry and Wine Festival. In addition to an impressive schedule of events, Richmond is a great city to explore miles of biking trails, outdoor water adventure sports, and the interesting history of the Commonwealth.
- Miami, Florida: If winter has taken a toll on you and you just want to find a beach to relax on, there are plenty of spring assignments in Miami, Florida. When you are not working, you will find no shortage of fun in the sun beach activities, or you can check out sightseeing cruises, fishing tours, and even tour the Everglades on an “airboat.” While in South Beach, you can check out the colorful Art Deco Walking Tour before heading out for cocktails in one of the many local hot spots. An assignment in Miami will cause you to forget this past winter in no time at all.
Whether you are heading south for the warmer temperatures or want to check out the big city, this spring there are hundreds of travel assignments available for you to choose from. Get in on the action and start searching for opportunities in all our top destinations through our job search below.
the shc blog